Find out the types of Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles Insurance available, Premium effecting Factors and different types Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles…
Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles comes under section D of Commercial Vehicles. Miscellaneous Vehicles may use for hire /reward also. These Vehicles are specially designed / Used in specific purposes.
Non motor policies also can be issued in Miscellaneous Category. These vehicles should not ply on the public roads, and should be confining to particular locations. These type of vehicles are
- Mobile Cranes
- Mechanical Navies, Shovels, Grabs, Rippers and Excavators
- Fork lift trucks,
- Bull Dozers, Bull Graders,
- Dragline Excavators,
- Drilling Rigs
- Dumpers and Tippers
- Mobile Plant
- Site clearing and Leveling Plant (other than vehicles designed or adapted for the carriage of goods or materials, or Road or Footpath Rollers).
- Any vehicle which is used only on sites on which the Insured is carrying out work under a Building or Civil Engineering Contract.
List of Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles
Total 58 types of miscellaneous vehicle are there. List as follows
- AGRICULTURAL TRACTORS
- ANGLE DOZERS
- ANTI MALARIAL VANS
- BREAKDOWN VEHICLES
- BULLDOZERS, BULLGRADERS
- CINEMA FILM RECORDING AND PUBLICITY VANS
- CLARK TRACTOR ELEVATORS
- DELIVERY TRUCKS PEDESTRAIN CONTROLLED
- DRAGLINE EXCAVATORS
- DRILLING RIGS
- DUST CARTS WATER CARTS ROAD SWEEPER AND TOWER WAGONS USED FOR OVERHEAD MAINS SERVICE.
- ELECTRIC TROLLEYS OR TRACTORS
- ELECTRIC DRIVEN GOODS VEHICLES
- FIRE BRIGADE AND SALVAGE CORPS VEHICLE
- FOOTPATH ROLLERS
- FORK LIFT TRUCKS
- GRITTING MACHINES
- HORSE BOXES
- LAWN MOWERS
- LADDER CARRIER CARTS
- LETOURNA DOZERS
- MECHANICAL NAVVIES, SHOVELS, GRABS AND EXCAVATORS
- MILITARY TEA VANS
- MILK VANS (INSULATED)
- MOBILE PLANT
- MOBILE SHOPS AND CANTEENS
- MOBILE SURGERIES AND DISPENSARIES
- OIL AND PETROL TRANSPORT VEHICLES
- PLANE LOADERS AND OTHER VEHICLES
- PRISON VANS
- REFRIGERATION/PRE-COOLING UNIT
- ROAD ROLLERS
- ROAD SCRAPPING, SURFACING AND PRE-MIX LAYING EQUIPMENT
- ROAD SWEEPERS
- ROAD SPRINKLERS USED ALSO AS FIRE FIGHTING VEHICLES
- SCIENTIFIC VANS
- SHEEP FOOT TAMPING ROLLER
- SITE CLEARING AND LEVELLING PLANT
- SPRAYING PLANT
- TAR SPRAYERS (SELF PROPELLED)
- TOWER WAGONS
- TRACTION ENGINES TRACTORS
- TRIAL BUILDERS, TREE DOZERS
- TROLLEYS AND GOODS CARRYING TRACTORS
Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles Insurance premium mainly depends on following factors
premium mainly depends on following 4 factors.
- Insured Declared Value
- Geographical Zone
- Age Of the Vehicle
Insured Declared Value
- IDV full form is Insured’s Declared Value of the vehicle, IDV also termed as SUM INSURED of the vehicle.
- It will be fixed at the commencement of each policy period for insured vehicle.
- Whole country has been divided into three zones.
- Zone A : Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
- Zone B : All other State Capitals
- Zone C : Rest of India
- Premium rate varies depending on zone where vehicle has been registered.
Age of the vehicle
Based on age of vehicle own damage cover (section I cover) premium will change in comprehensive/package policy.
Types Of Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles Insurance
There are mainly 2 types of insurance
Liability Policy :
- Liability Insurance called as Third Party Insurance Cover.
- As per Motor Vehicle Act 1988 Third party Insurance coverage is mandatory for vehicle to ply on public places.
- This covers Third Party Liability for bodily injury or death or both and Third party Property Damage.
- These claims are settled through courts.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver is included in this cover type.
Package Policy/Comprehensive policy
Along with Liability cover Package policy/Comprehensive policy covers damages to the vehicle Insured (known as Own Damage cover).
Package policy divided into 3 sections are there
Section I :
Own damage cover to the Insured vehicle
- Natural calamities : Fire, Explosion, Self-ignition or Lightning, Earthquake, Flood, Hurricane,
- Other than Natural Calamities : Burglary, Theft, Riot, Strike, Malicious Act, Accident by external means, Terrorist Activity, Any damage in transit by road/rail/Inland waterway/Lift/Elevator or Air etc.
Section II :
Third Party Legal Liability
- Any permanent injury / death of a person or
- Any damage caused to the property of a third party (TPPD)
Section III :
Personal Accident Cover
- Motor insurance provides compulsory Personal Accident cover for individual owner of the vehicle who has valid driving license.
- PA cover also is available for Driver.
Add On Covers to Miscellaneous and Special Type of vehicles Insurance
Add on covers will be selected on only package policies/Comprehensive policy.
This are additional covers on own damage cover. Each company has their own names for the add-on covers. Some are
- Nil depreciation cover or Bumper to bumper cover or Zero depreciation cover
- Engine protect cover
- IMT 23
- Over Turning Cover