Generally, any individual who attains 18 years of age on 1st of January can have right to vote. Election commission of India now offers Voter ID online registration process. This process is applicable for Indian citizens only using online portal nvsp.in.
Forms to be Used are
- Form 6: This Form is for general voters who applied for the first-time voter ID and also for the individual who have changed to other constituents.
- Form 6A: This form is used for NRI who applying for Voter ID.
- Form 7: This Form is used for objection in having anyone name in electoral role
- Form 8: This Form is used for correction of age, address, gender, photo etc.
Voter ID Registration Process
The following steps shows how to apply for the voter ID for every individual who completed 17 years of age:
- Visit official website of National Voters Services Portal nvsp.in. It will open a home page.
- Click on Login/Register Option which is Left-side down of the page.
- You will be directed to Login details page. There you can see’ Don’t have account, Register as a new user’ option. Click on it.
- Next enter your mobile number and ‘Captcha code’ and click on send OTP option.
- It will send the OTP to your mobile number which is given above.
- Verify the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- It will display a new page.
- Here it will show two options like ‘I have EPIC number’, ‘I don’t have EPIC number’.
- If you have Voter Id card, we need to click on ‘I have EPIC number’ and enter the details like Epic number, email, password and confirm password.
- Otherwise if don’t have voter ID card click on, ‘I don’t have EPIC number’.
- After clicking on that option, it will display you a new page to fill the details like first name, last name, email, password and confirm password.
- Now click on register option to register your account.
- The above steps show us how to register to the apply for the Voter Id and now its time to show you how to login.
Voter ID Online Login Process
- Visit official website of NSVP portal.
- Click on Login option which is at left-down corner of the page.
- It will display you a login page and enter your login details such as User name, password and captcha code displayed in the screen and click on Login option.
- Here you can see register as a new elector/voter option and click on it.
- Now, some forms will be displayed and click on Form 6 option.
- It will show Application form for New voter and fill all details which was asked.
- After completion of filling the form click on preview and submit option.
- A form with all your details will be shown here and cross check all the details and verify them.
- Click an submit option.
How to Track Voter ID Card Application
- Visit the official website nsvp.in.
- In home page, click on Track Application Status option on the right side of the page.
- It will display Online Application Status form.
- Here Select state and enter Reference Id and click on Track status.
- In track status you can know the details whether your voter Id application is successful or not.
- If it is successful then you can download the card.
Voter ID Download
- Visit the official website nsvp.in.
- Home page will be displayed and click on E-EPIC download option.
- Enter EPIC number and state
- Click on search option.
- It will send an OTP to your registered mobile number and now enter OTP.
- There you have download option and click on download option and PDF will be downloaded.
- In this way you can apply for Voter id card and downloading the voter id.
How to apply Voter ID Card Offline
Voters can send their application form through offline also. The following steps shows how to apply Voter ID card in offline.
- To do so, First bring the application form Form6 from ERO or AERO from your belonging constituency or download from election commission website.
- Fill the application form and submit it along the required documents to ERO or AERO of your constituency.
- Or otherwise you can submit by post to the address of ERO or AERO of your constituency which is available at website.
- Important documents required to post along with the application form is colored passport size photo, ID proof and also the address ID proof.
- After submitting the application, booth level officer will come for verification of your address.
- Then the application form will visible in notice board of Electrol Registration Office inviting objections (Form 7). For any objection it will have a time period of 1 week.
- If any objections are raised, ERO will hear and make a discussion to continue or to cancel.
- After completion of time period, they will give you an order to enter your name in Electrol roll.
- At last you will receive a notice or SMS that your name has included or not.
Who is eligible for applying Voter ID online?
General Citizens of India and NRI who attains 18 years of age on 1st of January.
If you have shifted from one constituent to another constituent what form we should apply online?
Yes, Constituency is changed is same like applying new voter ID so Form 6 is to be filled.
If I have shifted from present address to new address what form have to use?
If anyone shifted from present address to new address in same constituency it comes under Correction of address so Form 8 should be used.