Detailed steps and process about how to apply for Passport Renewal in online with status tracking at the official web portal passportindia.gov.in along with required documents for passport renewal…
In India passport plays a major role for traveling to the other countries. Passport is recognised Identity proof for the citizen in other countries which contain the address of their native place. Passport period for every individual is 10 years from issued date. After 10 years everyone has to renew their passport.
To do the renewal process, the applicant must have an account in official website of Passport seva. The following steps shows how to create a passport account in Passport seva:
Passport Renewal Online
- Visit official website of Passport seva https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink# and register for passport renewal.
- Already registered just login into’ Existing User Login’ option.
- If not, click on New User Register Now to create new account.
- Now select the nearest passport office to your address.
- Next fill the name, Date of Birth, email ID, Login ID, Password, Confirm Password, Hint Question, Hint Answer and enter the characters Displayed.
- Now, you will receive a confirmation link to email ID which was provided while creating the account.
- Click on the link in email and it will activate your account.
- After Activating just go to the Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport Option.
How to Fill Passport Renewal Application Form
After creating an account in Passport seva, you have to fill the online application form as steps given below
- Click on Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport Option and fill the form.
- Once the form filled in an appropriate manner, click on Validate option and it will save a copy of your form.
- Next upload your form and suggested to check all the information provided in the form and click on Submit button.
- Next, you may request to fill the slot as per your convenience.
- Now payment procedure done either may be online or offline.
- Next, click on Print Application Receipt and it will print the application.
Passport Renewal Status
To track the status for renewing passport, the following are the steps to follow:
- Visit, the official website of Passport Seva.
- Choose the type of application as Passport/PCC/IC/GEP.
- Next, enter File number and enter Date of Birth same as in passport.
- Click on Track Application Status and it will show the status of your passport renewal application
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
While filling the application form, we have to submit the documents. And these documents may differ depending upon the age of the individual and generally asked documents are below:
- Passport Original copy
- First two and last two pages of the passport copies (signed by the applicant).
- Copy of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)/Non-ECR page (signed by the applicant).
- Copy of the page of observation made by the Passport Issuing Authority (signed by the applicant).
- Copy of the validity extension page with respect to the Short Validity Passport (SVP) (signed by the applicant).
- To eliminate the cause of issuance of SVP (Short Validity Passport) documents proof required.
Do we need to carry the original passport whiling passport renewing?
Yes, Original passport is required whiling registering the passport renewal process and you should carry to your passport office when your turns comes for renewing.
How many days does it take for Passport Renewal?
After filling and submitting the application form it may take four to six weeks which is less than first time passport process. After four to six weeks we can receive the passport from passport seva Kendra through post.
What is the validity for time after renewing the passport?
The valid time for the passport is maximum of 10 years and can be extended by using renewal process and renewal also the maximum time is 10 years.
Do I need to submit the original documents for passport renewal process?
No, it is not required to submit the original documents. They may be a xerox of your original documents and should self-attested by you.
Is there any fee to pay while renewing the passport?
Yes, there is a fee to pay for registering the passport renewal process and it should be during the registration process itself.