Passport seva is an online portal, here we discuss how to apply for passport and how to Check Passport Application Status through Passport seva online webportal https://www.passportindia.gov.in.
Passport is nothing the ID proof for the citizen when they go to other countries. In India, Passport are issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India. One should carry the passport compulsory when they go to other countries.
Passport plays a major role to leave in other countries. The official website for Indian passport Kendra is https://www.passportindia.gov.in and the customer care number is 1800-258-1800.
Passport seva provides the following services for the sake of citizen in India with some online facilities to avoid the inconvenience on getting hurry to passport offices.
The following services are available in Passport Seva web portal
- How to apply new passport Online
- Tatkal Passport services
- Passport renewal
- Passport address change
- Raising passport grievances online
- Appointment status check
- Track application status
How to Apply for Passport
Following steps shows how to apply for passport and also the procedure to apply passport in India:
- First you have to register on the passport seva online portal https://www.passportindia.gov.in
- If you already have an account on the portal then you can just login with your registered login ID and password.
- Next, click on the ‘Apply for fresh passport/re-issue of passport’ option on the screen.
- After that, a form will be displayed and you are requested to fill this form with all the required details and click on submit the application.
- Click on Pay and Schedule Appointment’ option under the View Saved/Submitted Applications tab. Here you have to pay an application fee and schedule the date.
- After paying the application fee and making an appointment, you should print the application form and the application receipt with the Application Reference Number (RAN).
- Next, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) on the date of appointment along with the original documents.
How to Check Passport Application Status
- Visit the official website of Passport Seva and click on ‘Track Application Status’.
- After clicking on Track Application Status, you are requested to choose your application type.
- Now, provide your file number and date of birth.
- Next, click on ‘Track Status’.
- By using the above steps, you can easily check your passport application status.
- Is Passport required for every individual to go for other countries?
Yes, passport is required for every individual to go for other countries and to stay for long time.
- Can we track the application status?
Yes, we can track them by using Track application status option for knowing the status of your application
- Do I need to pay any fee for registration process?
Yes, you have to pay the fees for registration process of passport and it should be done during the registration process itself.