National Insurance Company Limited is a public sector that operates under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. Among all general insurance companies operating in India, NICL is oldest one and incorporated on 5th December 1906 which is having company headquarters at Kolkata.
After General Insurance Business Nationalization Act in 1972(GIBNA ACT) passed, 21 Foreign and 11 Indian Companies merged with the NICL and became subsidiary of General Insurance Corporation (GIC).
National Insurance Company Ltd (NIC) operates in all of India, and neighbouring Nepal. In 2008, the company signed a deal with HCL Technologies worth almost ₹4 billion to outsource the company’s information technology requirements over 14 years and now this contract was taken over by CTS from October 2022.
On the 2nd of February 2018, the Government of India announced the merger of National Insurance Company Limited with United India Insurance Company and Oriental Insurance. But till date this proposal was not materialised.
National Insurance Policy Services
- Motor Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Engineering Insurance
- Miscellaneous Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Rural Insurance
- Micro Insurance
Achievements of National insurance
- National insurance is the first company to provide office on wheels.
- It has auto tie-ups in India and also a one of the leading insurers.
- It can also provide 24X7 live chat support
- Top 3 company in Indian insurance companies in settlement of claims.
Awards received by National insurance company limited
- Indian Insurance Awards for best under-served market penetration
- Asset Asian Awards 2017
- Economic Times Iconic Brands 2018 under General Insurance Sector
- General Insurance Company of the year 2017, SKOCH Order of Merit